THE DEFINITION OF "PROSPEROUS LIVING"
1. A form of the word "prosper" appears over 80 times in the Old and New Testaments.
-The most common Hebrew word for "prosper" is tsalach (tsaw-lakh') it means "to advance, make progress, succeed, be profitable. To bring to successfull issue; to experience prosperity."
2. Prosperity is a blessing from the Lord when people follow his ways...
"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord... whatever he does prospers" Psalm 1:3
" Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful and do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Joshua 1:8
The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, and He adds no trouble to it" Prov 10:22
"With Me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity. My fruit is better than fine gold; what I yield surpasses choice silver.... bestowing wealth on those who love Me and making their treasuries full." Prov 8:18,19.21
3. Prosperity does not mean only financial riches... This would be a very narrow view of the concept... it simply means that we are living according to God's principles and experiencing His blessing, and thus, successfully journeying through our pilgrimage here on earth free from greed, worry, and bondage...
" Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 1:3
- The Greek word "prosper" here is euodoo (yoo-od-o'-o) which means "to have a successful journey through life."
- The Hebrew word shalom (shaw-lome') can be translated "prosperous" also; which means "Completeness, safety, health, soundness, and contentment." [Zech 8:12]
4. God is not against material riches as long as you acknowledge the Source and honor him with your riches...
... You are "to be rich in good deeds..." [1 Tim 6:17-19]
5. The Debt-FREE & Prosperous Living course teaches you how to live within your means...
"But godliness with contentment is great gain" 1 Tim 6:6 (emphasis added)
- Another Hebrew word for "prosper" is sakal (saw-kal') [same word for "success"] which means "to be prudent, to consider, be circumspect. In other words, to be cautious and good stewards of what God gives us. (see 1 Kings 2:3 and "success" in Joshua 1:8)
6. True prosperity is found in the balance between being "rich" and being "poor"...
-"... give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise I may have too much and disown You and say 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal and so dishonor the name of my God." "... give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise I may have too much and disown You and say 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal and so dishonor the name of my God." Prov 30:8,9 (emphasis added)
- Biblically speaking, our heart can be wrong either with money -- or without money -- either by being greedy -- or by worrying.
So we can define the Debt-FREE & Prosperous Living concept as... A way to help you be free from debt slavery... To owe no one anything except to love them -- and -- as far as your financial considerations are concerned -- to have a successful journey through life -- to walk circumspectly and prudently -- and be good stewards of what God gives you.